Spark is a pre-orientation week of service for incoming first-year students. Students will spend time engaging in reflective service experiences and getting to know New Orleans. Spark ends when Wolfpack Welcome begins. Spark 2013 will take place Saturday, August 17th through Wednesday, August 21st, 2013.
Spark Leader Requirements
Spark leaders assist with the operation of all aspects of the program, especially coordinating Spark volunteers on-site during service work and facilitating reflection sessions.
All Spark 2013 leaders must:
- Attend one evening orientation meeting before the end of the Spring 2013 semester. Meeting date and time TBD.
- Attend a daylong leadership retreat on April 20th, 2013.
- Remain in contact with Spark coordiantors via email and telephone throughout the summer break.
- Arrive back to Loyola no later than Thursday, August 15th for Spark Leader training. Resident students will be permitted to move into their Residence Halls the previous day.
- Stay for the duration of the program. Spark will begin around 8:00AM each day and continue until dinner time. One night, leaders will be asked to coordinate an excursion ending at 10:00PM.
Twelve Spark Leaders will be selected by March 15th, 2013. If you're interested, fill out the application below!