Ignacio Volunteer Programs
Ignacio Volunteers offers a number of international and domestic immersion programs for the Loyola University New Orleans community.
Participants in all service trips travel as one community. Participants are chosen a few months before the trip and meet regularly in advance of the actual travel. The trips are rooted in an Ignatian spiritual foundation of finding God in all things and include ongoing reflection within the community and on the trips. Fundraising for the trip is done by the group and as individuals.
- TO SERVE: Participants will work with those of the greatest need -- the impoverished & challenged, the disadvantaged young and the elderly.
- TO LEARN: Participants will have an opportunity to explore the political, sociological, and economic issues that have created the environment and situation in which they will find themselves.
Ignacio Volunteers offers a number of opportunities for life-changing service immersion experiences:
Spring/ Summer Programs:
(Recruitment will be held in October for spring/summer programs)
- NOLA Urban Immersion (March 27 - April 1, 2015)
- Jamaica Experience (May 11- May 20, 2015)
- Belize Faculty Staff Immersion (May 16-24, 2015)
- South Africa Experience (July 23 to August 8, 2015)
- Belize Summer Camp (July 20 - Aug 11, 2015)
(Recruitment is now closed for Winter 2014 programs. Recruitment is held each February)