The University Ministry office has three vans available for reservations during the weekdays (Monday through Friday) only.
The vans are for use in the New Orleans area only. NO out of town destinations are permitted. We require 48 hours notice to reserve the vans.
If you wish to reserve a Mission and Ministry Van, we will need:
- a completed van reservation form
- a copy of your Loyola ID
- a copy of your driver’s license
- verification that you have been approved by Risk Management.
Risk Management Certification
Drivers must be certified through Risk Management. Driver certification forms can be found in the link list below or from Risk Management’s website. The form and a copy of your driver’s license must be sent to Risk Management. Their fax number is ext. 3136 or you may deliver the form to Marquette Hall 418. Once Risk Management receives the forms, they will send the applicant an online test which they must pass in order to be certified.
- No one under the age of 18 is allowed to ride in a University van.
- The van must be returned with the same amount of gas as when received.
- Mileage MUST be recorded on log sheet in the van. You must note the mileage when leaving campus and note the mileage upon return. Additionally, gas level should be recorded upon return to campus on log sheet.
- Van rental fee is $50.00. Any travel over 25 miles will be $1.00 per mile.
- There is a $1000.00 deductible for any accident. You will be responsible for this. An accident report must be filed with University Police upon your return. You also must notify the University Ministry staff at (504) 865-3226.
- Van must be returned to the posted parking place behind Stallings Hall.
- Keys are picked up and returned to University Ministry (Bobet 104).
- To request a van reservation: download, fill out and fax the van reservation form.