A Pilgrimage to Spain: Following the steps of Ignatius
June 15 - June 25, 2015 (11 Days)
Loyola University invites you to walk in the path of Ignatius of Loyola, the founding father of the Jesuits. This trip will be led by Father Ted Dziak, S.J., Vice-President of Mission & Ministry and Father Bob Gerlich, S.J., Associate Professor, History Department of Loyola New Orleans.
This June 2015 trip to Spain will offer an opportunity to visit the historical sites where Saint Ignatius lived, renewing the Ignatian spirit in which he inspired us. This pilgrimage is an opportunity to renew our mission from the source, following the path of Saint Ignatius and his inner journey of conversion and companionship with Jesus.
Arriving in Bibao, the group will visit the beautiful Guggenheim museum and then depart and arrive at Ignatius's home at Loyola, staying in a hotel right next door to the Sanctuary. The pilgrimage will start with a three-day retreat at Loyola. From the magnificient shrine at Montserrat to the cave at Manresa, the group will follow the path of Saint Ignatius; from his room at Loyola where he covalesced from his cannonball injury to the River Cardoner/ Manresa where he had an ephphany of faith; from his wounded body to his healed soul -- following his desire to serve and to love.
This trip will be an opportunity for contemplation, prayer, discernment and examen, while enjoying the sites and beauty of the Basque and western parts of Spain. It will shared with a community of pilgrims. Mass is offered daily. It will be informative and prayerful, joyful and holy.
This trip is open (but not limited to) members of the Loyola University community: faculty/ staff / alumni and their spouses/family members. We invte all pilgrims, even those with no direct connection to Loyola.
The group will be visiting the cities and towns of Bilbao, Azpetia, Loyola, Onate, Javier, Montserrat, Manresa and Barcelona. There will be comfortable transportation (Coach Bus) with an English-speaking guide and the group will stay in superior and moderate-means tourist Hotels. There is an option for individual lodging as well. See below for pricing.
Dates: Pilgrimage begins on Monday, June 15 (in Blibao) and ends on Thursday, June 25, 2015 (in Barcelona). An 11-day trip:
DISCOUNT: Package Price (per person sharing)*
STANDARD: Package Price
(per person sharing)**
|Single Room Supplement***|
* Discount price applies for payment by cash, check or money order. ** Standard price applies for payment by credit card. ***Single room limited in number and based on availability. NOTE: These prices do not include tips of $145.
The LAND ONLY PRICE above includes:
- Accommodations: First Class Hotels in Bilbao & Barcelona; Superior Tourist Class Hotels in Loyola, Javier & Montserrat; or best available accommodations, all with private bathroom facilities. Porterage of one suitcase per person at hotels only.
- Meals: Per itinerary (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner) [see itinerary for details].
- Beverages with meals (mineral water, 1 glass of wine or 1 soft drink).
- Transportation and sightseeing by private motor coach per the itinerary with English speaking guides and entrance fees as shown in itinerary.
- English speaking tour escort during the tour.
- Price is subject to confirmation at time of booking. Price based on rate of exchange in effect at time of quotation and subject to adjustment at time of final payment if US dollar devalues in the interim.
- Daily Mass offered.
NOTE: This price above does NOT include air transportation to Spain, which is left to the particpant. Transportation should be made to arrive in Bilbao, Spain and depart from Barcelona, Spain.
- Availability: 25-30 spots are available.
- Deadlines: $400 Deposit alone reserves the space(s).
- Full payment is due 90 days prior to departure (by March 15, 2015)
- Checks made out to "Catholic Travel Centre" and mailed to Loyola University with the form on the attached brochure.