Saturday November 2 to Saturday November 8
Saturday November 2, 2013
- Event: ‘Wolves on the Prowl’ Day of Service Give back to the community! This year, Wolves on the Prowl is partnering with the American Dental Association’s Mission of Mercy program to set up a 120-chair FREE dental clinic at Mardi Gras World. Volunteers will work to prepare the clinic to serve 1,000 New Orleanians in need of dental care. Co-Sponsored by Alumni Relations and University Ministry. Time: 8:00am - 5:00pm / Location: Mardi Gras World
- Event: William Shakespeare’s The Merchant of Venice Presented by Department of Theatre Arts & Dance / Directed by Dr. Laura Hope. Time: 7:30pm (on Nov 1, 2, 7, 8, 9 -- and 2pm on Nov 3) / Location: Marquette Theatre
Sunday, November 3, 2013
- Event: Battle of Freret Street Pep Rally: Time: 5:00pm - 6:30pm / Location: St. Charles Room/ Danna Center
- Event: Loyola VS Tulane Men’s Basketball Game: Time: 7:00pm / Location: Devlin Fieldhouse/ Tulane University
- Event: Loyola Week Opening Mass: (Father Peter Rogers, S.J., Presider) Time: 9:00pm / Location: In front of Marquette (Outside) /In Horseshoe
Monday, November 4, 2013
- Event: Alumni Memorial Mass: Praying for all deceased alumni Time: 12:00noon / Location: Ignatius Chapel/ Bobet Hall.
- Event: ‘Dear Loyola’ Photos: How do you "Set the World on Fire?" Come by the One Loyola Room to tell us! Get a photo taken Time: 11:30am - 3:30pm / Location: One Loyola Room/ Danna Center.
- Event: “The Ministry of Presence: Being with At-Risk Children” By Brother Lawrence Huck, S.J., President of Good Shepherd School. Time: 6:30pm – 7:30pm / Location: Audubon Room / Danna Center.
Tuesday, November 05, 2013
- Event: Ignatian Carnival & IGGY 5 Race: Come out and enjoy music, food, an Inflatable Obstacle Course, a piñata and The Iggy 5 Race, a fun three-legged race around the Iggy statute, with many twists and obstacles. Sponsored by Alpha Sigma Nu, the Jesuit Honor Society. Time: 12:30pm - 2:00pm (Window) / Location: Peace Quad.
- Event: Dinner with the Jesuits: Share a meal with members of the Loyola University Jesuit Community Time: 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. / Location: Orleans Room /Danna Student Center.
Wednesday, November 06, 2013
- Event: ‘Shell Shocked’ Screening & Panel: An hour-long documentary about growing up in the Murder Capital of America, New Orleans, which has one of the highest per capita murder rates in the U.S. Co-Sponsored by African and African-American Studies & Orleans Place Matters Time: 6:30 - 8:30pm / Location: Bobet Hall / Room 332
Thursday, November 07, 2013
- Event: ‘Cookies w/Catholics’: Time: 12:30pm - 2:00pm (Window) / Location: Danna Center Porch
- Event: Teaching in a Catholic School: A Career Option: Loyola Institute for Ministry, Career Counseling, and Jane Chauvin, Director of Teacher Certification will host an evening for those interested in teaching in a Catholic School. Time: 5:30pm / Location: Manresa Den/ Bobet Hall.
- Event: Pope Francis’s First Encyclical: The Light of Life / A Panel & Presentation: Explore Pope Francis’ outlook on how faith shapes our lives. A panel led by: Fr . James Wehner , S. T .D., Rector of Notre Dame Seminary; Dr. Daniella Zsupan-Jerome, Assistant Professor of Liturgy, Catechesis and Evangelization at Loyola University; and Todd Amick, J .D., Archdiocesan Director of Evangelization and Eucharistic Renewal. Time: 7:00pm / Location: Ignatius Chapel/ Bobet Hall
Friday, November 08, 2013
- Event: ‘Jesus on Trial’: Former Federal Prosecutor Mark Osler and Public Defender Jeanne Bishop will present a modern interpretation of Jesus’ trial and sentencing with the audience serving as jury. Sponsored by Jesuit Social Research Institute & M&M / Time: 12:30noon - 2:00pm/ Location: College of Law / Moot Courtroom/Broadway campus/Room 405
- Event: William Shakespeare’s The Merchant of Venice: Presented by Department of Theatre Arts & Dance / Directed by Dr. Laura Hope. Time: 7:30pm (on Nov 1, 2, 7, 8, 9 -- and 2pm on Nov 3)/ Location: Marquette Theatre.
LOYOLA WEEK 2012:
Last year was a great success. read about the events. Click here>> GO